Thursday, September 6, 2018

Golden Gash!!: Demon Revolution Army (remake) [Chapter 31 - The Fallen King Chapter 9]

Golden Gash!!: Demon Revolution Army user guide




Golden Gash!!: Demon Revolution Army II - The Fallen King


Golden Gash!!: Demon Revolution Army II - The Fallen King, also known as "Konjiki no Gash!!: Mamono no Kakumei-gun II ~Taoreta Ō~ (金色のガッシュ! !:魔物の革命軍II 〜倒れた王〜)" and "Zatch Bell!: Mamodo Revolution Army II - The Fallen King," is a sub-sequel/extension to my Zatch Bell! / Konjiki no Gash (Bell)!! fan fiction, Golden Gash!!: Demon Revolution Army (specifically my remade version), which is a fan sequel to the Zatch Bell!/Konjiki no Gash!! manga series by Makoto Raiku. This new story arc takes place directly after Chapter 16 of my remade storyline in the other timeline, thus branching off from Chapter 17 and onward, which means that this sub-sequel can be read after Chapter 16 (remake) or after the final chapter (Remake: Chapter 22). However, it is recommended to read this story arc after reading the Revolution from the Dead (RftD) story (Remake: Chapters 1722) due to potential spoilers and that The Fallen King (TFK) arc is labeled after the last RftD chapter.

After stopping Demon Revolution Army from forming into the past, peace was restored in Timeline B, or so it has thought. After King Gash Bell's and Prince Zeon Bell's resurrected parents returned back to the afterlife and after all the terrible events that occurred before that, a criminal organization called the Laughing Deathstock Gang took advantage of its current situation and surprise attacked the Demon World Capital and took over the Royal Bell Family Palace. King Gash Bell and his queen-to-be Patie were banished to the Human World for protection until the battle was over. However, it turned out that the boss leader Hyenus Maximus the Max-Assassin successfully stole the title of King of Demon World from Gash Bell. However, in a short amount of time, the new substitute King of Demon World was overthrown by another evil organization: The Acolytes of the Nether, a cult of the dead. The Dark Lord took over the crown and the throne, submitting Demon World into pandemonium filled with undead beings, scouring the lands into chaotic darkness. Demon World Military reformed itself into Demon Resistance Army to fight against the Acolytes of the Nether and the Laughing Deathstock Gang before them to bring Gash Bell back to sovereignty. Will the Resistance defeat the Dark King of Demon World Gul'ren, or will the Resistance crumble by their hands? What are the Acolytes of the Nether's true purpose?

Trivia: Franchises that inspired me to make this new story arc are WarcraftStarCraftHarry Potter, and Star Wars.

Chapter 31 (The Fallen King Chapter 9): Preparation for Operation 666


Recap


[Insert random recap music]
After Lieutenant General Time Force Golbar made a vision of the future, showing a terrifying image, he sensed danger lurking in his very near future and was assassinated by an unknown being. This caused a lot of confusion and chaos among the Royal Knights with Lieutenant General D.D. Veni being the targeted suspect, the very own Royal Knight that rules over the Resistance headquarter's dimension. A lot of trusts were shattered among the Royal Knights but that didn't stop them from their goal to bring Gash Bell back to the throne. The Royal Knights are planning to end this war in one final battle; an all-out attack on the Acolytes of the Nether. This will either bring the resistance to ultimate victory or ultimate defeat. They must strike now before it's too late. The Acolytes of the Nether are preparing to summon an undead beast of unimaginable power to destroy the sanctuary and everyone in it, now that they have the Dimensional Right Eye of the Dreadlord in their possession. Will the Resistance Army win the final battle or will it be the end of life in this Armageddon?
[/End of random recap music]

Scene: West Wing's Infirmary of D.D. Sanctuary (morning)


Corporal Gale Starlily found the infirmary where her dead sister Lucida Starlily and her teacher Rosella the Rose Witch are held. She looked really sad and she softly asked the Head Nurse at the counter, "Excuse miss..." Head Nurse Margaret was doing paperwork and asked, "Yes, what can I do for—Oh." Head Nurse Margaret might know what Gale was going to ask but Gale asked away, "Which room is Mistress Rosella and did my sister—" Head Nurse Margaret said, "Second room. A young man just asked about her shortly." Gale knew who that was and had a sad, surprised look, "Zack?" Nurse Margaret said, "I told him not to be poking around. He came running out, rushing to the restroom. I warned him." Gale probably guessed what happened, "Oh..." Guess Sergeant Zack Stardragon's stomach couldn't take the amount of gore his dead fiancée received including but not limited to missing arms, feet, wings, and ripped flesh.

Gale entered the room with Rosella and her deceased sister and said sadly, "Oh, Mistress... Lucida..." Lucida's blanket on her medical bed was already uncovered and Rosella still appears to be resting well on her medical bed. Gale sits down on a chair with her legs up, feet on the chair, with her head on her thighs. She held her legs to her body, feeling immensely depressed. Gale is very similar to ex-King Gash Bell, where they both were once happy and cheerful, but after losing loved ones, they became deeply depressed. Losing loved ones may change people into something new but dark that they aren't the same anymore. But sometimes, losing loved ones may not affect people or change them for the better, like Patie.

"Oh, gosh, I can't believe that happened, Lucida-chan... Why? Just, what happened?" Zack just came back to check on Major General Rosella and saw Gale curled up in a chair, crying. "Gale!" He was surprised. "Zack..." Gale said softly, "I'm sorry." Zack just noticed her wings are missing, "Your wings...?" Gale cried, "I'm so sorry. I know she meant a lot to you. You two were going to be married. Lucida-nēchan... It was so scary. She saved my life and I couldn't save her's. I couldn't protect her." Zack just felt frustrated and tears dropped from his face. His fists were shaking. Gale cried, "First Lotus-kun and now Lucida-nēchan. I'm scared and I'm so alone. I... I don't know what to do anymore. I can't fly anymore, I'm weaker without Lucida-nēchan, and Barburos-sama told me I'm not cut out to be a soldier anymore." Lotus was Gale's boyfriend who died a week ago, the same day Zack's Royal Knight superior was slain by Hyenus Maximus. Zack walks up to Gale, appearing frustrated, but he bent over and gave Gale a hug, crying over her, "Gale..." Gale cried, "Zack... Ow-ow, that hurts. My back! It hurts." Sergeant Zack apologized and released her, "Sorry, didn't know." Sergeant Zack sat in the chair next to Gale and said, "I loved her. I proposed to her before this all started and our wedding was overdue because of this war. I was hoping we all would have made out of this alive to the end. I should have gone with you two and Mistress Rosella. Lucida would have still been alive. Why didn't anyone tell me? I would have been glad to sacrifice my life for the both of you." Gale cried quietly, "I'm sorry." Zack continued, "This must have been really hard on you. My little bro loved you and you didn't take that well for a few days. Devoured by the Demon Beast Skeleton after a mere acolyte assassinated Roxx-sama and I couldn't do anything to stop it."

Flashback Scene: A week later in a desert of Demon World (morning)


[Insert random battle music]
cloaked acolyte appeared in a desert with darkness covering his face as a sandstorm passes by. He created metal claws on his hands and feet via Zeruku and suddenly disappeared. "Who goes there?" said by a Major General-ranked Royal Knight in knight armor, wielding two chakrams. "An acolyte?  This twelfth Royal Knight was named Roxx and he is skilled in Vortex Magic and Wind Magic, especially with his chakrams. was slain instantly. "Master!" Zack and Lotus Snapdragon shouted in worrisome. Corporal Lotus Snapdragon was three years younger than Zack. He had blue short hair with part of his hair covering his right eye. "Is he...?" Lotus wonders if his Royal Knight superior Roxx was alive. Zack Snapdragon charged at the cloaked acolyte, which was Hyenus Maximus, and shouted, "Take this! Jugiarō!" Zack summoned a wooden serpent dragon with tree leaves from the ground and aimed it at Hyenus Maximus. Hyenus Maximus disappears and a bone shield suddenly appeared to block Jugiarō as the Demon Beast Skeleton Stalghor in his behemoth form appears through the sandstorm. "Is that...?" Zack was surprised. Furthermore, orcish Death Knights of Warchief Dan'ro's Deathscream Clan appeared alongside Stalghor on skeletal horses and battled against the Royal Knight's current forces but the Snapdragon brothers focused their attention on the Demon Beast Skeleton's behemoth form. Corporal Lotus incanted, "Gigano Akuruga!" firing a large straight beam of water from his hands at the Demon Beast Skeleton, which didn't have much effect on the skeletal behemoth form. Zack incanted, "Juron Zakeru!" summoning root trees that discharged blue electricity to ensnare and shock Stalghor, which had extra effect since he was wet, but Stalghor summoned sharp bones to cut the roots. "Darn it!" Corporal Lotus got closer to Stalghor and incanted, "Jugiarō!" summoning a wooden dragon to attack it too. After getting hit, Stalghor made a loud roar and stomped the ground that the ground quaked, dropping all soldiers including some of the Death Knights off of their undead horses to the ground. Stalghor summoned spikes of bones from the ground to impale the soldiers. Zack dodged the spikes surrounding him but Lotus was impaled, "Arrrrgh!" "Lotus!" Zack yelled for his younger brother, "Why you...?!" Lotus thought to himself while he is holding onto the spike with his left hand while reaching out at Stalghor with his right hand, No, if I'm going to die here, I'm taking out the beast with me, "Jugiarō! Akuguru!" Lotus summoned another of his family's trademarked wooden dragon but also sprayed the wooden dragon with water from the bottom and up, enlarging Jugiarō (just like Gash would enlarge his Baō Zakeruga with Zaguruzemu to make his electric dragon stronger) and attacked the Demon Beast Skeleton with full force. It actually phased Stalghor, which also made Stalghor mad. Lotus thought to himself, darn, it wasn't enough?

Stalghor raises his spiked bone that impaled Lotus towards Stalghor and as Stalghor was opening his mouth, Zack yelled out, "No! Don't you dare! Zakerug—" Zack was about to firing a Lightning Beam spell from his right hand but a new spiked bone scraped his hand in the way, barely impaling him, "Argh! Nooo!" Lotus screamed for help, "Zack-nīsan!" Stalghor chewed Lotus's legs right off of his torso as Lotus screamed in pain, "Arrrgh!" Zack cried and screamed, "Lotus! No!" There was nothing he could have done for his younger brother at this point. Lotus's last thoughts were, goodbye, cruel world. I never got to ask Gale-chan to marry me, telling her my true feelings. Take care... Live... Lotus was chewed to bits as his soul was being pulled into Stalghor's bones. "Noooo!" Zack screamed. Stalghor proceeded to extract the others soldiers souls that he and the Death Knights killed including Zack's soul until new reinforcements arrived. That battle ended in utter defeat with Zack being of the few survivors of the unnamed twelfth Royal Knight's squad. He cried on the ground with his face nearly in the sand, "Noo... Noo... Lotus. Little bro..." Anger and sorrow were in his eyes, "They'll pay for this. I'll make sure, they'll pay their lives," and smacked the sand. "Gosh, darn it." Rosella and her troops of soldiers including but not limited to the Starlily Sisters were there. "Zackipoo!" Lucida called out for her fiancé and flew towards him. Gale looked around and wondered, "Where's Lotus-kun!" Zack cried on the ground, pounding the sand, "Lotus!" Gale started crying, "No..." Lucida held her as her twin sister cried.
[/End of random battle music]

NOTE: I didn't feel like giving this twelfth Royal Knight a character and I didn't feel like drawing him (just imagine him with full platinum knight armor, weilding two large rounded chakrams in his hands). He is just going to remain as an unnamed Royal Knight with no background or personality. He is the Royal Knight that would eventually be replaced by Earth in the future timeline.

Scene: West Wing's Infirmary of D.D. Sanctuary (morning)


"I wanted to avenge them, but after what the Demon Beast Skeleton did to me, I couldn't make it. I lost part of my soul until reinforcements came... Still over half. But I feel like I'm dead, now that Lucida-chan's gone too. I too feel like I'm alone, but... we still have each other." He grabs Gale's right hand with his left hand. Gale blushes, "Eh?" With his fiancée gone and Gale's boyfriend gone, Zack thought about it and asked, "Gale, I know this is too soon, but we've known each other for a long time when we were dating each other's siblings. If we survive this war, will—will you marry me?" Already proposing to the sister after losing his fiancée. Gale's heart pounded quickly. She doesn't know what to say, "Oh... umm..." Zack sighed and said, "Sorry for asking too soon, but we both lost people who were precious to us and I want us to be happy. I can tell you are feeling so lonely. You need someone to hold you. I'm always here for you and I'll be here to protect you, no matter what. It's what Lucida-chan would have wanted." Gale cried in happiness and said, "Hmm... Thank you," learning her head over Zack's left arm, holding him as Zack carefully holds Gale without touching the wounds marks on her back and she asked him, "Do you think Lucida-nēchan or Lotus-kun would get mad... if... we starting dating?" Zack said, "I doubt it. I think they'll be fine with it. You still love my brother and it's fine if you still prefer him over me, but even though I loved your sister very much, I love you too. We could have been a big family, living in the forest." Gale would have loved that too and she loves Zack too even though she favored his younger brother.

"Heh, a new sight of love, huh?" Rosella just awakened. Gale and Zack were surprised, "Mistress." Rosella, still laying still in her medical bed, said, "I got a secret to tell you two and don't tell anyone." Gale and Zack wondered what it was and Rosella said, "I was actually in love with Vincelot. Just a simple crush." Zack was surprised, "Really?" while Gale smiled for having a hunch, "I knew it." Rosella said, "Just a simple crush. But I am a warrior. Romance isn't really my thing, yet, my feelings in the way like His Highness said and I know D.D. can see through my lies." Zack was curious, "Huh, I never saw this side of you. Did you hit your head or something since you would normally act like a witch without care." Rosella's tone changed as she yelled, "Zip it, Zack!" Zack got frightened by that change in tone and backed off in fear with his mouth opened but teeth closed, "Eee! Sorry Mistress. Guess you are the same." Rosella apologized to Gale calmly, "I'm terribly sorry Gale, I got you and Lucida in grave danger and Lucida ended up... Heh... It's my fault, not yours." She looked at Lucida's corpse to her far left. Zack complained, "Mistress, why didn't you bring me for your mission? Lucida would still be alive and I would have been glad so sacrifice my life for both Lucida and Gale." Rosella said, "Sergeant Zack, you were always such a gentleman, were you?" Zack wonders about that, "Huh?" Rosella said, "But you are right. I should have called you too, but I thought you were still having trouble dealing with your thoughts about what happened to your brother." Zack said, "Of course not, I'm passed that." Rosella said, "You still wanted revenge." Zack said, "Well, true. I still wonder who was that acolyte that killed Major General Roxx." Rosella said, "Seeing all the deeps scratch wounds he had, it had to be the Laughing Deathstock Gang leader, Hyenus Maximus, the group we fought before the Acolytes of the Nether took over. The 'King' we battled before they showed up." Zack was surprised, "Wait, that guy?!" Rosella said, "Rumors say he was recruited as an acolyte after they took over his reign. Probably killed him, took the crown, and brought him back. Maximus is a big time criminal and an assassin, he even killed Lieutenant General Rajin." Zack wondered, "Heh?" Rosella said, "You may be strong but he's out of your league, as well as the necrolytes. I could have defeated the Witch of the Black Forest, but I was holding back. She was my childhood friend, Araesa. I had a feeling she was involved with Vincelot's death, yet, my feelings got in the way again. Again, Gale, I'm sorry for putting you and Lucida into that risk, into that deathtrap of a haunted forest." Gale understands but she doesn't know how she feels. But she decided to forgive her teacher, "I forgive you." Zack is against his teacher, "But I don't think I can forgive you. My future wife's life was on the line and look how she turned out. Why?!" Rosella said, "Forgiveness isn't always easy. I can't forgive my friend for going over the dark side. She chose the wrong path. Next time I meet her, it will be the last; no more holding back. Even if I have to seal her away. I'm one of the few that can seal away the Dark Lord and the necrolytes for good anyway." That's something Zack can agree and he will still fight alongside his teacher Rosella.

Major General Barburos suddenly bursts through the door, breaking it apart with his thick body instead of opening it, "It's about time you're up." Gale and Zack immediately got jumpscared and from the desk, Head Nurse Margaret yelled in the background, "Don't you know how to open doors?!" Major General Rosella sat up in bed and asked, "What do you want?" Barburos yelled, "We can't afford to let you die and here you are getting yourself killed. Get up. We're preparing for a final battle." Barburos walks monstrously out of the infirmary. "He scares me," Gale said fearfully. Zack said, "I feel bad for those training under that monster. I'm glad to be back with Mistress, though." Rosella wondered, "A final battle? Really? Gale, Zack..." They understood, "Yes, Mistress." Rosella and her small squad exit the infirmary to prepare for the final battle.

Scene: Dark Fortress of the Dark King of Demon World (morning, about fifteen minutes ago)


A while ago, a high-ranked orcish warrior enters the Dark Fortress of the Dark King and presented the Dimensional Right Eye of the Dreadlord Malfournis to the Dark King, "My Emperor, Warchief, I present to you to the Dreadlord's Eye." As the Death Knight shows the Right Eye of Dimensional Distortions, King Gul'ren uses telekinesis to bring the red and purple gradient eye to his right hand and inspects the eye. "You have done well, Captain. You're dismissed." The Death Knight Captain said, "It's an honor to serve thy King," and makes his leave. Warchief Dan'ro said, "We're finally on the next step." King Gul'ren said, "Indeed we are. I'll inform Araesa and Stalghor and we'll prepare for the summon." Warchief said, "As a reminder, it is not within my contract for this particular summoning." Lord Gul'ren said, "Right. That's why we need the other three." He then used Demon Perception to find Araesa Blackforest and Stalghor in Demon World and used telepathy to speak to them. He found the Witch of the Black Forest, Araesa, report to back to the fortress. We've got the Eye and we require your power. He then found Stalghor battling against General Moko and Major General Barburos. The Dark Lord got worried about Stalghor battling against a General, telling him telepathically, what are you doing, Stalghor? Pull back already. We have the Eye and we require your assistance. That was when Stalghor retreated before General Moko could finish him off.

Araesa and Stalghor will be back shortly. In the meantime, "Since I have no use for the summoning, I'll prepare my forces." Before Warchief Dan'ro Deathscream left the fortress's throne room, Lord Gul'ren said, "Hold up." Warchief Dan'ro turned around and wondered but Lord Gul'ren gave Dan'ro two more demon souls, "In addition to the Deathstock Gang members, I'm giving you these two for your arsenal." When Dan'ro inspected these two souls, he obviously recognizes one of them, "Are you serious? That traitor?" Lord Gul'ren said, "He may be a fallen necrolyte, but his power may come in use; both of their powers. But note that I have taken his necromancy powers to empower my own." Warchief Dan'ro said, "You are still essentially giving me the power that can kill you, you know that." Lord Gulren said, "I'm aware of the power Zecross possessed. His forbidden spell belongs to me now, never to be used against me. The Shidona Reaper... One of the most unforgivable-forbidden spells in Demon World history. It has the power not only to kill anyone but it forcefully banish their soul to the Spirit World. Zecross was pretty clever finding a weakness to my self-resurrection but that fool never got the day to use it on me." Zecross the Shinigami of Darkness mastered that spell to specifically to kill the Dark Lord as the Dark Lord is nearly immortal with his infinite self-resurrection ability, but the Shidona Reaper will force the Dark Lord's soul into the Spirit World, preventing the Dark Lord's self-resurrection ability from activating in Demon World.

The other soul that the Dark King gave to Warchief Gul'ren is the fallen necrolyte's brother, Zega, Master of Twilight, also nicknamed "Destruction God of Twilight" for mastering the Ultimate Twilight Eradication forbidden spell, Shin Shirairadisu. Before Zega and Zecross formed the Demon Revolution Army, they were part of the Acolytes of the Nether. The younger twin brother Zecross, possessing necromancy, was a necrolyte of the Acolytes of the Nether, wearing the blue necrolyte robe. There were six necrolytes at the time, Dark Lord included. Zega, the older twin brother, was a mere acolyte with the red robes. When did the Dark Lord claim their souls?

Flashback Scene: Royal Bell Family Palace reformed (a month ago)


A month back when the necrolytes invaded the Bell family's palace, where the Laughing Deathstock Gang reigned at the time, after the necrolytes killed King Maximus's friends and took their souls, King Maximus tried fighting back, "Darn you. This is for my friends! Gu RiarukuZeruku!" When King Maximus turned invisible and tried to assassinate the Dark Lord with his metal claws, Warchief Dan'ro Deathscream used Demon Perception to find King Maximus and held him up in the air with his telekinetic powers. King Maximus struggled to move, "Urgh! Who... who are you, people? What do you want?" The Dark Lord takes his right hand out and used telekinesis to take the King's Crown off of Hyenus's head and moved it to his hand. He smirked, "To take my rightful claim... The throne and your soul..." Hyenus struggled, "I'm King. Me! Kurr! Kyah...!" Unable to move in mid-air, he calms down, thinking about his comrades in despair, "ThodrumOrgoAraneae... My friends..." The Dark Lord said, "You be joining them soon enough. We are the Acolytes of the Nether, a cult of the dead. I am Gul'ren-sama, Dark Lord of the Nether. However, you did hold off the Resistance. Hmm... Alright, as thanks for holding off the military to make this much easier, we'll spare your soul, but that depends on your choice. I know how you're feeling in this situation and I bet young Bell felt the same way you're feeling now when you dethroned him just like this. Serve under my reign and I'll see to it you'll get your friends back in time... Or you could suffer in the Netherworld. Your choice." Hyenus struggles with the choice he's given.

Lord Gul'ren said to Warchief Dan'ro, "Warchief, release him." Warchief Dan'ro drops King Maximus on the ground and Lord Gul'ren wondered what choice Maximus would make; his life or his loyalty, "Well?" King Maximus said quietly, "You know what?" After the decision he made, he yelled, "Screw it! Necromancy is just a myth! You can't trick the Great Max-Assassin! "Gu Riaruku! Zeruku!" He turns invisible again and successfully slashed through Dark Lord Gul'ren in a single swoop, killing him instantly, making Gul'ren to drop the crown as Hyenus Maximus takes the crown back. However, "You fool!" Warchief Dan'ro yelled wrathfully and telekinetically lifted up King Maximus, choked him in the air, and forced him to drop the crown. Gul'ren's soul swoops around his corpse, healing it, and re-enters the body, standing back up as Araesa Blackforest laughs maniacally, "Myehehehe! Fufufufufu! You really shouldn't underestimate our Dark Lord." As Hyenus Maximus barely got a glimpse while trying to turn his head to the right, he thought, impossible! But how? My assassinations never failed me before. Dark Lord Gul'ren said, "I'll let you take that shot for free to show you my power. Now, do you believe when we can resurrect the dead? Now, back to the same question. Do you wish to value your soul and pledge loyalty to me or have your soul burned in the Netherworld?" Hyenus Maximus cried, "Please, let me go." Lord Gul'ren said, "So which answer is that? Both? Very well, then." The Dark Lord's dark aura glowed and as he takes his hand out, he takes Hyenus's soul as Hyenus screams in agony, "Aaaaargh!" Hyenus's body drops to the ground, lifeless, as his soul was sent inside Gul'ren's dark scepter. Lord Gul'ren walks over to the King's crown. He lifts his dark scepter in the air, temporarily placing Hyenus's soul in the Spirit World but keeping hold onto the soul, then without a King existing in Demon World [Planet Terra], Lord Gul'ren picks up the King's crown. Suddenly, lands of Demon World, starting with the Bell family's palace's grounds, began to rot into an undead environment, spreading across the entire planet at a moderate pace. Gul'ren, now King of Demon World, returns Hyenus Maximus's soul to his body.

"What? What just happened?" Hyenus Maximus was shocked and scared. He remembers his soul being pulled away from his body but everything else after that was a blank, yet he's scared. All of his golden treasures and shinies he received from his wish slowly disappeared from Demon World including the ones around his body, "My... my gold?! My bling?! All of my money?!" He shakes in confusion and frustration. Gul'ren said, "Now I'm King of Demon World." Hyenus looks outside and sees the colorful land turning dark and gray and the sky is becoming really cloudy with black clouds, blocking the sunlight, "The land. What's happening?" King Gul'ren said, "I banished your soul from Demon World so that the crown no longer recognizes you as its King. This world is mine now. The undead shall reign upon this world." Hyenus Maximus was paranoid, "N-no way..." He felt intimidated and confused. King Gul'ren said, "If you value your friends' souls, I'm going to ask you the same question. Pledge your loyalty to me as an acolyte or burn in the Netherworld." Hyenus Maximus asked to make sure, "Will... Will I really get my friends back? Please, don't hurt them." He turned his head, crying. Hyenus was really sad losing his friends and his life. King Gul'ren said as he sits on the smiley throne, which magically changed into a dark, creepy throne, "In due time. But it also depends if they pledge their life to mine. But you must prove your worth." Maximus, who felt hopeless on the ground, looked at the new King and said "I..... I pledge my life." King Gul'ren accepted Maximus's words, "Very well." Using his Dark Scepter, Gul'ren summoned a red acolyte robe around Hyenus's Maximus's usual clothing, "From this day forth, you are now an acolyte of the Acolytes of the Nether, serving the dead and the underworld. If you stay on your good behavior and prove your worth against the Resistance, I'll consider resurrecting your fallen comrades. Cross me, and I won't be as merciful as I am now."

Araesa said with a scary smirk, "Fufufu, be glad Gul'ren-sama is in a good mood today, little slave. I see you are bowing to the new King, fufufufu, ex-King of Demon World. How nice?!" Warchief Dan'ro walked away but also said to Hyenus Maximus, "You're lucky this time. I'd crush you where you stand, pathetic welp." Stalghor and Zon'mortuis doesn't have any care and walks away too. Before Zon'mortuis turns invisible, Gul'ren asked him, "Zon'mortuis, may I have the dwarf's soul." Zon'mortuis transfers the chewed soul from his mouth to Gul'ren's right hand where he placed it in the dark scepter. Zon'mortuis turns invisible and left the palace. Gul'ren suddenly senses a familiar energy somewhere in the palace and stood up, "Hmm? There is something I still need to do. Araesa, why don't you introduce everyone to our new guest." Araesa was glad, "Fufufu, my pleasure Gul'ren-sama, our new King of Demon World. Our new emperor. Let's go, little puppy." Maximus gets up and yells, "I'm a hyena and I ain't little." Araesa said, "Fufufu, close enough." Hyenus Maximus yelled, "You don't know who I am, do you?" Araesa bent her tall body around Hyenus to talk to him at a different angle just to look creepy, "Fufu, I know exactly who you are, Maximus-san. So, how much did Araneae pay you to assassinate my clan's tribe leader." Hyenus wondered, "What are you talking about?" Araesa's not buying his words, "Don't play dumb. Doesn't the Blackforest Tribe ring a bell?" Hyenus remembers, "Gah... But that was over a hundred years ago." Araesa said, "You're lucky I don't have a grudge on you, unlike Araneae. She ruined my life; murdered my family. My tribe leader and the other tribe members, I could care less." She then said in a cute, sad tone, "Oh, I was a poor witty girl, all alone. The only survivor of the Blackforest Tribe. Not even my best friend came to save me." "Tch! Araneae would have eventually betrayed me anyway. I saw that look on her face." Guess Hyenus already figured out what the Spider Empress was going to do. Araesa said, "Exactly, she was using you so she could claim the throne. She has no sympathy for anyone but her own. Now we get to use you for our work. Come, I'll introduce you to your new friends and we may talk about bringing back your old friends, except Araneae; I will not allow her to come back to life. First, we'll finish off her Arachnid Army, then we'll go after the Resistance. Oh, if only if the Arachnid Army was beaten by the Reptilian Army ages ago, led by their underground queen Zedusa, I wouldn't be here. Have you heard of them?" Hyenus said, "Zedusa? Araneae's archnemesis? Ironically, as a matter of fact, I was once hired by Zedusa to take out Araesa, but Araesa had a better payment for me and I liked her company more. Wait, why am I telling you this?" Araesa said, "Don't give me a reason to hate you, Maximus-san. Now, come on." Hyenus followed her and said, "Hey, I'm just a mercenary and gang leader. Do I still get paid for doing your work?" Araesa said, "Have you forgotten already? Of course, your friends' lives." Hyenus was disappointed it wasn't money but he'll accept what he gets but it's too bad he wasn't paid until a month later after assassinating a Royal Knight a week prior to his payment in the present time.

[Insert random dark ambiance]
Meanwhile, Dark King Gul'ren enters a hidden dungeon underneath the palace and found locked up criminals and Resistance soldiers, trapped behind bars with anti-magic cuffs that disable their ability to use demon magic (spells and others). The soldiers who were locked up wondered who this robed man was, "Who's there?" and yelled angrily at, thinking he was a member of the Laughing Deathstock Gang, "Hey, release us!"/"Deathstock scum!"/"Just wait until our Generals find out you've been taking us prisoners." Without any care, King Gul'ren, with that dark aura glowing around him, extracted all nearby souls of Resistance soldiers and criminals as they screamed in agony before their bodies dropped. The Dark King then found two familiar demons from two cells, who are Zega and Zecross. Both Zega and Zecross had their memories erased by Zeon Bell and even though they had their magical powers disabled by anti-magic handcuffs, Zega could still sense the Dark Lord approaching, "What is this... dark energy I'm sensing?" Zecross on the opposing cell, said, "It feels... familiar. Who goes there?" Lord Gul'ren approached from the shadows and said, "Ah, Zecross, it's been quite some time, hasn't it, traitor?" Zecross, having amnesia, obviously don't remember Lord Gul'ren, "What do you mean by traitor? Who are you?" Gul'ren wondered, "Are you telling me, you forgot who I am?" Zecross does feel like he knows that energy from somewhere, "This energy... Why do I feel like I know you?" King Gul'ren reads Zecross's mind, seeing it very empty and confused, "I see. Amnesia, right? Figures, no memory up in there." Zega shakes his cell bars with his hands while still cuffed, "What do you think you are doing with my brother?" King Gul'ren said, "Zega, I almost forgot about you. You wanted to start a rebellion, not only against my cult but against the world itself." Zega wondered, "What?!" Zega's eyes looked fierce, though. King Gul'ren said, "Though, I don't have much interest in you, fallen acolyte," and telekinetically pushed Zega against the back wall of his cell. Zecross got worried, "Zega?! Who do you think you are? Are you with those Laughing Deathstock?" Gul'ren laughed from that idiocy, "Hehehe? Me? No. The name's Gul'ren-sama, Dark Lord Gul'ren of the Acolytes of the Nether. Make that King Gul'ren now that the throne is mine. In fact, you were one of my necrolytes of the Acolytes of the Nether while your brother was one of my acolytes. You both betrayed my cult." Zecross said, "I don't remember a gosh darn thing about my past." Lord Gul'ren said, "Exactly, you have amnesia. I suppose you don't remember you have necromantic powers or the power you have to kill me." Zecross wondered, "What?" Gul'ren said, "This is a good thing. I would have been dead if you still remembered. That is if you weren't cuffed. And you, Zega, have that power that can potentially destroy this entire world, which could have also erased my soul." Zega wondered, "What do you mean?"

Annihilation Magic like Zega's unforgivable-forbidden spell Shin Shirairadisu is also a weakness to Lord Gul'ren's self-resurrection ability, as it can also obliterate his soul. Clear Note's Annihilation Magic could defeat Dark Lord Gul'ren. Clear's reincarnation as White is still alive at this time but he'll die against the undead today. D.D. Sanctuary is finally built and everyone in Demon World is starting to evacuate into D.D. Sanctuary. The undead legion is rising in the Demon World as the lands are being blighted. Demons are being devoured and turned as many try to escape. People were already evacuating when Hyenus Maximus took over the throne but it wasn't this bad until now.

Dark Lord Gul'ren said to Zega, "That's enough. Time to return to the cult." Lord Gul'ren takes Zega's soul as he screamed in agony, "Arrrrgh!" Zecross was worried as his brother's body fell, "Zega? Zega?! What did you do to my brother?" Lord Gul'ren said, "The same I'll do to you, Shinigami of Darkness. Your powers belong to me now." He has also taken Zecross's soul. Lord Gul'ren noticed that this is the last soul he could extract for now, "Looks like I reached my limit for now until my Soul Extraction cools down again. Ya know, Zecross, I could bring you back to life with your memories back and you could become my necrolyte again and take away your instant killing spell or better yet, I'll take that power and your necromancy and augment mine to control this entire world." The undead plague in Demon World began spreading faster as Gul'ren absorbs Zecross's necromantic powers to enhance his necromancy. Now Lord Gul'ren can use the regulations Zecross had with his necromantic powers (which is currently limited right now) and collect dead corpses for necromancy in addition to being able to summon corpses from owning their souls. It's not against Supreme God King Yama the Enma's contract to take the powers of another necromancer but they'll have to live with their rules and regulations in addition to their own but Gul'ren must get his contract with the God of Death updated to fully use Zecross's powers. As Gul'ren checks to see what Zecross collected through Zecross's Corpse Collect ability, he recognized some of the demons Zecross had collected said, "Heh, interesting. You even had the corpses of the former monarchs of Demon World. Very impressive, Zecross. Now their corpses are under my control. Now I don't need their soul to resurrect them. But first, I'll need to update my contract with the real God of Death to have full access to your powers."

In the present time, Gul'ren already summoned them weeks ago and the Royal Knights already destroyed their corpses. The former giant King was really hard to destroy but the Generals managed to destroy their former King even though they felt dishonored, killing their glorious King, but Marshal General Zeon granted the Royal Knights' permissions to dispose of his father and mother, but it took them a while to defeat the ex-King.

Between Zega and Zecross—who eventually formed the Demon Revolution Army—and Dark Lord Gul'ren of the Acolytes of the Nether, Lord Gul'ren is much more powerful, especially in this timeline, but Zega and Zecross could have defeated the Dark Lord but they haven't fully mastered their forbidden spells at the time when they rogued themselves from the Acolytes of the Nether so they didn't take their chances. Zega was uninterested with the occult and wanted to build his own army to attack Demon World and have fun along with his brother.
[/End of random dark ambiance]

Scene: Dark Fortress of the Dark King of Demon World (morning, present)


Araesa Blackforest finally returned to the Dark Fortress and said, "I have returned, My Emperor." Dark Lord Gul'ren said, "I see you have failed taking out your target." Araesa sincerely apologized, "My greatest, deepest apologies, Milord. I was wanting to have fun with my best friend." King Gul'ren didn't really care at this point, "It doesn't matter at this point. Either way, once Operation 666 is complete, the Resistance is finished and we'll have all of their souls." Araesa asked, "So when we will begin, My Great Dark One?"

Stalghor just returned and he rebuilt his skeleton. "The Resistance base has been found." Stalghor actually said something for the first time and he has a really deep, scary voice. Araesa said, "Fufufu! I haven't heard you speaking in forever." Stalghor continued, "They blocked my invasion. All prisoners are dead." King Gul'ren said, "Well done, Stalghor. Well done. But you got too cocky out there and we couldn't afford to let you fight the Generals alone. Worry not, once the summoning is complete, the Resistance is through, anyway. Zon'mortuis." Zon'mortuis turned visible in the palace and Lord Gul'ren stood up from his chair with the Eye of the Dreadlord in this hand, "Let's begin. Operation 666." Lord Gul'ren exited the palace into the front courtyard. At a giant warp gate made of stone in the courtyard, Lord Gul'ren created a giant portal into the Netherworld with his dark scepter and activated the Eye of the Dreadlord's anti-dimensional magic. "Now that the Eye of the Dreadlord is activated, we shouldn't worry about the other Spirit World realms. We should be hidden from King Yama the Enma until the summoning is completed as long as the eye functions."

To maximize the barrier between Demon World and Spirit World, specifically Paradise and Spirit World Kingdom, and even blocked the gate between Spirit World Kingdom and Netherworld, to make sure the angels, archangels, nephalems, and the archnephalem Yama the Enma don't interfere, the Dimension Right Eye of the Dreadlord is required to prevent interference from those Spirit World realms. The Acolytes of the Nether are trying to resurrect one specific dead creature from the Netherworld, one that has died over a million years ago. The creature they plan on summoning is an archdevil and the original Great Demon Lord of Envy and Wrath before Leviasatan. The archdevil that Leviasatan has slain in the Netherworld with his physical power alone. Spirit World would most likely interfere if necromancers were to revive an archdevil without permission which is why the Eye of the Dreadlord is required. But how will the eye be used for Operation Null, to resurrect their "Master?"

After opening a huge, dark red portal, King Gul'ren said, "Now that the portal to the deepest purgatory of the Netherworld is opened, the Eye of the Dreadlord will prevent the other realms of Spirit World from interfering. We should lose connection to King Yama the Enma at this point but even still, don't do anything that would break your own contracts. Araesa, Zon'mortuis, Stalghor, prepare the resurrection. The resurrection of the fallen archdevil, Behemoth, the original Great Demon Lord of Envy and Wrath. Even if we don't get his maximum power, whatever power the beast has remaining should be enough to destroy D.D. Sanctuary and claim everyone's souls, should everything go as planned." Araesa asked, "And what about Operation Null?" Lord Gul'ren said, "We'll wait until the Master sends his client. Now, Warchief Dan'ro and I aren't allowed to perform this particular resurrection, so I leave this up to you three." The three chosen necrolytes prepares the resurrection in front of the portal but it'll take a while. Lord Gul'ren said, "With the powers of you three, the Great Behemoth should be resurrected within a half hour and hopefully before the God of the Underworld, Hades-sama, realizes. Make no mistake, I'm sure the Resistance have foreseen this with their time warper and preparing to strike. And with Stalghor's plan and back-up plan being a failure, I imagine that their time warper is at their limit. Plus, the Master has already made his move to eliminate that threat. While he specifically he wouldn't be involved in the war, he is waiting for his resurrection from the Nether of the Void." It appears King Gul'ren was aware that the Resistance Army had a time manipulator, T.F. Golbar, and that the Master's client assassinated Golbar just to make things easier for his return and informed the Dark Lord about it. So, who is this client?

Scene: D.D. Sanctuary (morning)


After the plans were discussed among the Royal Knights and Marshal General Zeon Bell, D.D. Veni projected his voice throughout his entire dimension to speak to all residents in his pocket dimension, which had quite a reverb as if it were from microphones, "Attention, all residents of D.D. Sanctuary. This is Lieutenant General D.D. Veni of the Resistance Army, the owner of D.D. Sanctuary, speaking. We have been fighting the enemy for over a month. I can tell you all vastly want to return to your homes and return back to your normal lives. We all want that. So does His Majesty, our real King. As you may or may not know, our true King of Demon World has returned to us since yesterday." Many demons in the sanctuary—both military soldiers and refugees—didn't know that Gash Bell has appeared in the sanctuary and they were surprised. "We see that the King is tired of all of the fighting. We know our young King despises all of the fightings and wishes for peace. We, of the Demon Resistance Army, will surely bring back that peace, one way or another, as we are preparing one final battle to determine victory, to bring His Majesty back to the throne. We're preparing to go all out on the enemy. It's been a while since we made a full assault on the enemy but the last time was weeks ago and it didn't end very well. During that time, we didn't know the true power of the enemy but after all of this time, after all the fighting, now we know what they're capable of and how to counter them. First of all, all Major General soldiers that aren't appointed as Royal Knight will be staying in the sanctuary to protect all survivors. But, as a precaution, even if these brave soldiers are willing to protect you, keep your guard up at all times. Earlier this morning, Lieutenant General T.F. Golbar, Time Force Golbar, was assassinated here in the sanctuary, who was concealed from my senses." All residents became worried hearing that. D.D. Veni continued, "We still cannot confirm the culprit, but what we do know is that D.D. Sanctuary is in danger and without our brave Lieutenant General Golbar, who has been altering time for us, we cannot afford any more mistakes from here on out. The enemy has found several entry points into this dimension. For the remainder battle, I highly suggest you take shelter and lock yourselves in your designated rooms or another closed area. If you have somewhere to be, don't go alone; ask a trustworthy soldier to guide you to your destination. I, D.D. Veni, will be fighting alongside on the main battlefield on Demon World, but I'll keep a dimensional clone here in the D.D. Sanctuary as a backup and return here, shall things go wrong. Victory is not guaranteed and there's a major possibility that we can lose this war entirely. Should we lose this final battle, should we fail, Lieutenant General C.S. Galactica—Cosmic Space Galactica—has found an empty habitable planet nearby; a new world in the magical universe where you can reside on and recreate Demon World. I, D.D. Veni—Different Dimension Veni—will bring you to that new planet whether we fall in defeat or if the sanctuary is deeply besieged."

Scene: East Wing's Great Hall


Gash Bell and the other kids were playing in the Great Hall after breakfast. After D.D. Veni's announcement when demons were leaving the cafeteria with their guards up, Kyanchome said, "Hey, if we win, we can finally go back to our homes." Tio said, "That is if Demon World changes back to normal. We can't live in that nasty environment." Patie said, "I hope they pull through. I really want Gash-chan to be King again." Gash responded, "Unu." Kyanchome said, "He'll still be King whether we win or lose like Veni-san said." Kyanchome's father Tiger approached them and said to his son and his adoptive son, "Kyanchome, Byonko, we better get back. Say goodbye to everyone." Kyanchome said, "Okay, daddy. Bye guys," and Byonko said, "Later-gero. Be safe Gash-sama-gero, Patie-sama-gero." Tio said, "Be careful. I gotta get going too. Careful Gash, Patie..." Patie said, "You too. Let's go, Gash-chan." Gash responded, "Unu. I'd like to talk to Zeon about what's going on." Patie said, "We can't. It's not safe. I can't believe a Royal Knight was murdered in the sanctuary. You have to get to safety."

As everyone went to their rooms, they locked their doors and used emergency dimensional shields to make sure nothing comes in or out of their rooms. With the "Master's" client roaming around the sanctuary, whoever it may be, it is not safe to stay in the Residential Halls or anywhere else out in the opening. As Gash and Patie were leaving, they found Corporal Earth. Gash said, "Earth-san." He responded, "My King, it's no longer safe for you to be out here. Zeon, His Highness, sent me to escort you and your lady back to your room. Be sure to use the dimensional shields. We'll also have additional guards on standby, protecting your doorway." Gash wondered, "What about you Earth?" Earth said, "I'll be fighting on the front lines. I'm part of General Whir's land force." Patie said, "But you'll be putting your life on the line." Earth said, "I'm willing for sacrifice my life for His Majesty." Gash was upset, "But you can't. You are my friend. I can't lose any more friends." Earth said, "I'm sorry, My King. Stay brave. You have a good future to look forward to; a new home if we can't recover our world. You'll finally be able to live in peace either way. Remember what I've taught you and you should have true peace on the new world." Gash wondered, "And when my time as King of Demon World is up, then what?" Earth said, "I'm not sure. Our old administer to decide King of Demon World has perished a while ago. You'll have to decide on how the new government should run and if that's too much for you, you can have people that can help you. I'll try to be there if I'm still alive after this. But for one thing, if we live on another planet, we can no longer visit Planet Earth of the mortal universe." Gash said, "So no more KiyomaroHana-dono, Suzume, and the others?" Patie would also be sad leaving them forever if the Resistance loses this war.

After Corporal Earth escorted Gash Bell and Patie to the King's bedroom near the center of the sanctuary from the East Wing's Residential Hall, Gash and Patie locked themselves from the rest of the residential halls with some trustworthy soldiers guarding the locked door from the outside. Even if someone tried opening that door (or any locked door) or break it open from the outside, it won't affect the door in that particular room and the attackers will only see the pitch-black darkness of the Different Dimension, which they could fall into. That's how the dimensional shields work; it warps the room out of the sanctuary and will return to that spot when the dimensional room shields are down. Even if there was an assassin for one particular demon in the sanctuary, everyone must keep themselves safe from harm. There is no telling who the Master's client really is and where.


List of Chapters (remake) on DeviantART

Volume 1: Demon Revolutionary War - The Revolution Begins
Volume 2: Demon Revolutionary War - Climax of Chaos
Volume 3: The Zulu Empire
Volume 4: Revolution from the Dead
Volume 5: The Fallen King - Reign of Chaos
Volume 6: The Fallen King - Battle of the Dead
Volume 7: The Fallen King - For the Nether

List of Chapters (original/obsolete) on DeviantART

No comments:

Post a Comment